Free School Meals
Dear Parents & Carers
If you are receiving certain benefits, a FREE tasty and nutritious school meal is available for your children at Churchmead School…BUT YOU MUST APPLY!
Look at the benefits:
- A free school meal for your child, which is good for their health and could help their learning
- Savings for you, worth over £350 a year.
- Extra money for the school through Pupil Premium, worth at least £900 a year.
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
• Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Pupils can qualify for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves.
How does it work?
1. Checking whether you qualify and registering is really quick and easy – do it online at:
2. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year) and the school gets extra money to help your child and others in their class.
3. If you don’t want your child to have a free school meal they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify, and are registered, the school still gets the extra money.
Please contact us if you need more information.