SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities)
At Churchmead School, we strive for all students to access the best possible education and to support the aspirations of each individual. We aim to support every student’s learning in school, and their confidence in themselves as young people, so that they are best ready for their onward journey post education with us.
First and foremost, we look at the whole person holistically and tailor the guidance and support a student may need accordingly. We have a number of students with a range of diagnosed conditions and a highly-effective team which offers specialist individual and group support. The Learning Support department works with students from Year 7 to Year 11 who need any extra help, along with Heads of Department, teaching staff and parents to ensure the young people in our school flourish and achieve their full potential.
The school’s aims for SEND
- To ensure the early identification and assessment of all students’ needs, and to recognise that these needs may change over time.
- To make the best possible provision for students with SEND within the limits of the resources available to the school.
- To ensure all students with SEND have full access to a broad and balanced curriculum, and are able to fulfill their potential.
- To ensure all students with SEND are included as fully as possible in the activities of the school.
- To ensure that the views and wishes of students with SEND are heard and taken in to account in the planning and reviewing process.
If you wish to discuss your SEND requirements with a member of the SEN team, please contact our SEN Manager:-
Christine Reiss - SEN Manager
Email - email@example.com
RBWM Local Offer
Please follow this link to the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead’s Local Offer for information about other services that might be available to support your child/young person:-